Terry L. Ruas
For a more recent version of my page please check truas.github.io/truas
Currently working as Postdoctoral Researcher at the Data & Knowledge Engineering Group (DKE) with Prof. Dr. Bela Gipp – Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany.
My research interest is the result of an overlap between natural language processing, data science, and machine learning applied to text mining to extract semantic features.
- Natural Language Processing
- Semantic feature extraction
- Paraphrase Generation/Detection
- Attention mechanisms
- Fake News detection
- Data Science
- Word embeddings
- Recommender Systems
- Machine Learning
For details on current projects please visit here.
Contact: ruas at uni-wuppertal dot de
Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Wuppertal Germany
- Postdoctoral Researcher at the Data & Knowledge Engineering Group (DKE) – (Current) – Prof. Dr. Bela Gipp
University of Michigan – Dearborn, MI, USA
- Ph.D. Computer and Information Science (2019) – Prof. Dr. William Grosky.
National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan
- Ph.D Research Internship (Jan – Jul 2018) – Prof. Dr. Akiko Aizawa
Federal University of ABC (UFABC) Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
- M.S. Information Engineering (2013) – Associate Professor Dra. Luciana Pereira
- Methodologic Formulation for a Scientometric Information System
- B.S. Computer Science (2010) – Associate Professor Dra. Maria das Graças Bruno Marietto
- Data Mining in Complex Networks: A Study on Dynamics of Social Content
- B.S. Science and Technology (2010) – Associate Professor Dra. Maria das Graças Bruno Marietto
- Multiagent Simulation Modeling the Phenomenon of Fire Propagation